- This event has passed.
In and Out of the Cooler: Disordered Gambling and Illegal Acts
Available March 1 – 31, 2021
This will be a pre-recorded workshop titled “In and Out of the Cooler: Disordered Gambling and Illegal Acts” presented by Dr. Linda Graves, PsyD, NCGC-II. You can take the workshops at anytime, anywhere throughout the month of March and still receive a CE certificate.
Tales abound of those with gambling disorders and the means they used in which to obtain funds to gamble. This workshop examines the research about gamblers and illegal acts, looks at the “why,” and examines the availability of resources to address gambling disorders, both while incarcerated and after release.
Key concepts covered include:
- This course reviews a strong research base to support the hypothesis that people with gambling disorders commit illegal acts at a higher rate than those who do not have a gambling disorder.
- The course will describe three ways gambling disorder can relate to the commitment of illegal acts.
- Doctoral level participants will learn why a client’s gambling history should be addressed when the client enters treatment for gambling disorder after incarceration.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Learn three ways disordered gambling can relate to committing illegal acts.
- Name six crimes that disordered gamblers are more likely to commit.
- Recall and share at least four prevention and treatment services available to parolees or probationers through the CalGETS program.
- Discuss why the criterion, illegal acts, was not included in the DSM-5 list of criteria for disordered gambling.
- Relationship between crime and disordered gambling: a look at the research
- They types of crimes committed by disordered gamblers
- Gambling while incarcerated
- Re-entry and treatment options
- Why “illegal acts” was taken out of the diagnostic criteria in the DSM-5
This workshop is 1.5 hours in length. It’s free to attend!
Please contact us if you have any questions.
ATTEND OUR WORKSHOP HERE
Start TimeMarch 2 @ 12:00 am
End TimeMarch 31 @ 11:59 pm