- This event has passed.
Movement in a Mobile World:
Understanding Implications in Convergence of Gaming & Gambling
Available March 1 – 31, 2021
This will be a pre-recorded workshop titled “Movement in a Mobile World: Understanding Implications in Convergence of Gaming & Gambling” presented by Julie Hynes, MA, RDN, CPS. You can take the workshops at anytime, anywhere throughout the month of March and still receive a CE certificate.
The widespread availability and growing accessibility of gambling has grown rapidly in recent years. From sports wagering to mobile forms of gambling to social casino games, revenue and popularity have increased quickly and were even accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Even the terminology of what defines gambling has shifted; platforms including day trading, esports wagering, and microtransactions within video games have stretched traditional thinking on definitions. In this workshop, we will uncover growing popular forms of gambling, discuss emergent trends and research in the blurring lines of gaming and gambling, and talk about what is being done to address the issues from a behavioral health perspective.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Discuss at least two ways technology and platforms have shifted traditional definitions of gambling
- Name at least three recent trends in forms of gambling
- Recognize one revenue impact across specific emergent gambling trends
- Identify three legal and regulatory impacts of gaming/gambling convergence
- Identify three pieces of research on accessibility and impacts
- Compare at least four criteria of Internet Gaming Disorder and Gambling Disorder
- Describe at least two populations at greater risk for problematic behavior
- Recognize three methods being used to address emergent trends
- Apply at least one prevention/treatment practice in their professional/personal setting
- Trends in tech: impacts on the gambling field
- Uncovering the convergence of gaming and gambling
- Diving deeper: specific trends
- Legal and regulatory impacts
- Emergent research on effects of recent trends
- Connections with Internet Gaming Disorder & Gambling Disorder
- Populations at greater risk
- Addressing the issues from prevention to treatment
This workshop is 2.0 hours in length. It’s free to attend!
Please contact us if you have any questions.
ATTEND OUR WORKSHOP HERE
Start TimeMarch 2 @ 12:00 am
End TimeMarch 31 @ 11:59 pm