- This event has passed.
\\ APA CES AVAILABLE //
March 1, 2021 from 3:30pm – 5:00pm PST
This will be a hybrid workshop titled “Helping Problem Gamblers Cultivate Stress Coping Strategies and Deal with Anxiety” presented by Dr. Rory Reid, Ph.D., LCSW. This is a live workshop where the training is pre-recorded, but the instructor will be there to show the recording, answer questions and talk to the attendees. You will need to register below if you would like to attend the live workshop.
This workshop presents clinical strategies to help problem gamblers enhance stress coping and attenuate tendencies to gamble in the wake of stressful life experience and worrying tendencies that give rise to anxiety.
Key concepts covered include:
- Cognitive reappraisal of distortions specifically associated with stress proneness and anxiety unique to problem gambling
- Problem gambling research
- Empirically supported approaches to stress and anxiety for problem gamblers
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Participants will learn three interventions to enhance stress coping among problem gamblers.
- Participations will learn three key findings from research on stress coping.
- Participants will be taught a mindfulness exercise that can reduce a stress response in the wake of a stressful life event.
- Participants will learn three interventions to target worrying tendencies in problem gamblers.
- What’s the Difference between Worry, Stress, Fear, and Anxiety?
- Worry, Anxiety, and Stress Can Be Linked to Irrational Thoughts
- How to Reduce Worrying
- Different Types of Stressors
- Reorganizing How We Think about Stress
- Stress Coping Styles
- Stress Coping Strategies
This workshop is 1.5 hours in length. It’s free to attend, but you need to register below.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
*After all live webinars have been broadcasted, they will be posted in the workshops section to be viewed throughout the month incase you missed the live version, so you do not feel like you missed out on a great training.
Start TimeMarch 1 @ 3:30 pm
End TimeMarch 1 @ 5:00 pm