- This event has passed.
Treating the Aging Problem Gambler:
Aging, Existentialism and Creative Approaches to Our Work
March 1, 2021 from 12:30pm – 2:00pm PST
This will be a hybrid workshop titled “Treating the Aging Problem Gambler: Aging, Existentialism and Creative Approaches to Our Work” presented by Shayne Vitemb, LMFT. This is a live workshop where the training is pre-recorded, but the instructor will be there to show the recording, answer questions and talk to the attendees. You will need to register below if you would like to attend the live workshop.
The workshop will be divided into three twenty minute recorded sections with discussion after each section. The presentation will identify issues facing older adults that could make them especially vulnerable to problem gambling, then redefine aging using positive existential concepts which can be integrated into many different treatment approaches.
Key concepts covered include:
- Contrast limiting ideas about aging with new views to better understand the aging gambler.
- Integrating issues of aging inspired by existential philosophy into preexisting treatments for problem gambling
- Installation of Hope for The Recovering Gambler
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Participants will be able to identify three different factors facing older adults that could lead them to become problem gamblers.
- Name two of life’s existential “givens” as defined by Existential Psychology that may be considered when developing a treatment plan for a senior problem gambling client.
- Identify two kinds of observations that occur on the first day of treatment that contribute to the clinician’s understanding of the problem gambler’s level of functioning.
- Compare at least two differing understandings of anxiety and how it affects older adults.
- Understanding the Unique Issues Facing the Older Problem Gambler
- Changing stereotypical views of aging and the cultural influences on this age group
- Loss, Isolation, Existentialism, and Hope
- Integrating What We’ve Learned Into Diverse Treatment Plans
This workshop is 1.5 hours in length. It’s free to attend, but you need to register below.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
*After all live webinars have been broadcasted, they will be posted in the workshops section to be viewed throughout the month incase you missed the live version, so you do not feel like you missed out on a great training.
Start TimeMarch 1 @ 12:30 pm
End TimeMarch 1 @ 2:00 pm