- This event has passed.
Understanding Gamblers Anonymous
Available March 1 – 31, 2021
This will be a pre-recorded workshop titled “Understanding Gamblers Anonymous” presented by Marc Lefkowitz, ICGC-II. You can take the workshops at anytime, anywhere throughout the month of March and still receive a CE certificate.
This workshop will be an overview of the Gamblers Anonymous Recovery Program. Topics are: history of Gamblers Anonymous; 12-Steps of Unity and Recovery; literature; finding a meeting; guests attending a meeting; similarities/differences with other 12-Step programs; sponsorship; and “pressure relief”. Gamblers Anonymous and Covid-19 and its implications will be discussed.
Key concepts covered include:
- Learning about the structure of a 12-Step Program
- Understanding the use of the tools of Gamblers Anonymous and how they apply to Members
- Learning about the 12 Steps of “Unity” and the 12 Steps of “Recovery” and how they define a 12-Step Program
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- To gain an understanding of the mechanics of Gamblers Anonymous and how it differs from clinical treatment and other 12-Step programs.
- To understand the process of sending clients to Gamblers Anonymous and how a therapist can attend a Gamblers Anonymous meeting.
- To understand the importance of Page “17” and how it can be used for relapse prevention.
- To understand Gamblers Anonymous and its procedures on financial recovery.
- History and structure of Gamblers Anonymous
- The 12 Steps of Unity
- Page “17”
- The Gamblers Anonymous 20 Questions
- Attending a Meeting
- Similarities/Difference with Alcoholics Anonymous
- Literature, Sponsorship
- “Pressure Relief”
- Implications of Covid-19
- The 12 Steps of Recovery
- Short video of GA meeting
This workshop is 1.5 hours in length. It’s free to attend! Please contact us if you have any questions.
Start TimeMarch 2 @ 12:00 am
End TimeMarch 31 @ 11:59 pm