In this workshop, presented by Marc Lefkowitz, ICGC-II, he will discuss how technical assistance training provided to casino employees can help those who suffer from gambling problems reach the 1-800-GAMBLER helpline. He will also discuss how the helpline operates, and several guest presenters will offer case studies demonstrating how the process helps problem gamblers.
Key concepts covered include:
- Attendees and providers gain knowledge of California’s help and referral systems.
- Attendees and providers gain knowledge of what the gambler has experienced prior to being referred to them.
- Providers learn about specific resources available for their clients in California.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Learn about three programs available for problem gamblers, through CalGETS
- Understand the differences between the two primary self exclusion programs in CA
- Learn four resources that problem gamblers can get from the helpline
- Learn about three self-help resources available at no cost in California
- How problem gamblers learn about the helpline
- How the helpline operates
- Additional resources available for problem gamblers
- Case studies, outcomes and solutions
This workshop is 1.5 hours in length. It is FREE to attend.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Start by clicking on Welcome to Problem Gambling Training Summit.