This training examines how to link the Latino, Immigrant, and Refugee Communities to Mental Health Services. The training will cover how we can understand the individual, community, and systemic challenges to deliver naturally relevant mental health services. Through the shared experiences of focus groups and community conversations, one will identify how these individuals use gambling to cope with life stressors. We will explore how to use the information to improve access to mental health services for the Latinx community and how the role of the promotor/as will support these individuals to build trust with community resources.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand three community conversations and how to use the information to improve access to mental health services for the Latino Immigrant and Refugee communities.
- Understand the three top reason people develop an addiction to gambling
- Identify two barriers to the delivery of culturally relevant mental health services.
- Community Conversations What We Learned
- Addiction To Gambling As A Coping Skill
- How Can We Improve Access To Mental Health Services Through The Role Of The Promotor/as In The Mental Health Field
This workshop is 1.0 hours in length. It is FREE to attend.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Start by clicking on Welcome to Problem Gambling Training Summit.