This workshop, presented by Marc Lefkowitz, ICGC-II, will be an overview of the Gamblers Anonymous Recovery Program. Topics are: history of Gamblers Anonymous; 12-Steps of Unity and Recovery; literature; finding a meeting; guests attending a meeting; similarities/differences with other 12-Step programs; sponsorship; and “pressure relief”. Gamblers Anonymous and Covid-19 and its implications will be discussed.
Key concepts covered include:
- Learning the structure of a 12-Step Program
- Understanding the use of the tools of GA and how they apply to Members
- Learning about the steps of “Unity” and “Recovery” and how they define a 12-step program
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- To gain an understanding three key mechanics of GA and how they differ from clinical treatment
- To understand the complete process of referring clients to Gamblers Anonymous
- To understand how and why Page “17” can be used for relapse prevention
- History and structure of Gamblers Anonymous
- The 12 Steps of Unity
- Page “17”
- The Gamblers Anonymous 20 Questions
- Attending a Meeting
- Similarities/Difference with Alcoholics Anonymous
- Literature, Sponsorship
- “Pressure Relief”
- Implications of Covid-19
- The 12 Steps of Recovery
- Short video of GA meeting
This workshop is 1.5 hours in length. It is FREE to attend.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Start by clicking on Welcome to Problem Gambling Training Summit.